How to get online CPR-certified during the pandemic
With many businesses closing or shifting the way they do things, it’s hard to imagine a safe, socially-distanced way to get CPR-certified. Good news is there’s a way to do it online — digitally, whenever you want, and safely. If you’re thinking about brushing up on your CPR skills or you’re hoping to become a lifeguard, read on to learn how to get CPR-certified online.
The American Red Cross offers CPR classes online. The classes only take a few hours, just as you would find with in-person classes. You can start your class and go through your modules in almost any order. That means you can stop and start whenever you want!
Ready to get started? Follow these simple steps.
- Read about the CPR certification process here.
- Search for a class that works for you. You can choose from online-only, CPR, and first aid. P.S., we recommend you earn your certification in both CPR and first aid!
- Read through the details of your desired class and sign up for it when you’re ready. Most classes cost between $25 and $45.
- Make sure you have internet access and a laptop or tablet for your virtual learning.
- Get started! You can revisit your course at any time for up to 2 years after you get your certification.
At eLifeguard, we want to be sure everyone has an opportunity to pursue their lifeguarding passions. If you’re ready for the challenge (and the fun!), take the first step by getting your CPR and first aid certification.